From the customer’s point of view: the shopper sees a single cart with the products by different suppliers and a single checkout.
However there are some changes in the interface from the single vendor, so the customer can:
- See a list of vendors in a side menu
- “Shop by Vendor”, i.e. see all the products of a particular vendor
- See the vendor’s info on the detailed page of the product, see screenshot
- Narrow the search results in a “Product filter” by the vendor, if the corresponding feature is enabled by the administrator and if the “Product Filter” module is in use.
- Search for products by Vendor, using the Advanced search
Regardless of the number of products in the cart and amount of vendors these products are supplied by, the order is paid just once. But if the cart contains the products by several vendors, depending on the module mode ( Warehouse vs Vendors as separate shops, see above), the store behavior differs:
- Warehouse: the customer selects a shipping method common for all the products in the cart. After payment, a single order is being created, and it contains all the goods.
- Vendors as separate shops: the products are grouped by providers and the customer selects a shipping method for each of the groups separately. After a single payment, several orders are created (one order per vendor), so the customer sees several invoices.