How Multi-Vendor Site works for my Vendors?
A vendor is a sub-type of administrator account with specific permissions. The vendor can:
- Create an account
To start selling in the store, the vendor’s account must be approved by the administrator
- Fill in personal information Company name, Logo/profile photo, Location and Detailed description
- Add, modify and delete the products the vendor created. The products created by admin or other vendors are not visible for the vendor.
- Create coupons and discounts that will be applied to the products of this very vendor
- Add, modify and delete the product attributes created by this vendor. The vendor can not see the attributes created by admin or other vendors
- Assign the products to the existing categories created by the admin, without the ability to create a new category
- Export and import this vendor’s products in a CSV file
- Accept payments directly to their PayPal accounts PayPal Adaptive Payments API allows to send payments up to 9 receivers. As a result, when the order is placed, the customer pays only once, but the payment is split into several parts in the background: the administrator receives the commission, and the vendors – their payments
- Setup Shipping methods and ship-from address if the module works in mode “Vendors as separate shops”
- Work with the orders The scenario depends on the module mode – “Warehouse” or “Vendors as separate shops”
- Warehouse: the vendor can see a part of the order, containing his products only. The orders are in ‘read-only’ mode, i.e. the vendor cannot edit shipping and order statuses.
- Vendors as separate shops: once the customer pays the order, containing the goods of several vendors, X-Cart creates several orders (one per provider). As a result, the vendors see only those orders, which contain their goods. The vendors have full access to edit these orders, change their statuses and add tracking numbers.